Thursday, December 3, 2009

K-1/MMA: Allistair Says "I Want to Fight Fedor"


On Dec 3 in a downtown Tokyo hotel, competitors in the Dec 5 K-1 WORLD GP 2009 FINAL held individual press conferences. In his interview, Alistair Overeem, who has caught flak from his statements that "MMA training is tougher than K-1," announced his desire to fight "The Emperor," Fedor Emelianenko.

"I saw the Strikeforce fight. I don't have anything to say about the fight, but I want to fight Fedor. We may fight next year. We don't have a contract, but are working for the challenge fight. Maybe next summer, or even the end of the year. I think the management of Golden Glory is working in that direction. We might fight on Strikeforce, but I really don't know yet. Having the goal of fighting Fedor is a big motivator."

On his K-1 WORLD GP opponent, Ewerton Teixeira, Overeem said, "I know he's the Kyokushin Karate world champion, and a good fighter. [on the Kyokushin style] Since we're fighting K-1 rules, the punches, kicks and knees are all the same. The karate style might be different, but I'm not worried. We create a style to match the opponent and have trained hard, but I can't talk too much strategy here. You'll have to watch the fight for that."

(Source: www.kamipro.com)


New K-1 Overeem Video

No comments:

Post a Comment