Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Dynamite: Minowa to Use Snake Style and Drunken Boxing to Win Super Hulk

Ikuhisa Minowa held an open workout on Dec 23 in a gym in Kawasaki, Japan. Minowa, who will meet Sokoudjou in the Super Hulk finals at Dynamite!! on Dec 31 in Saitama, admitted he has been employing a truly bizarre training menu.

Minowa's training session began with a weight circuit, which he had never made public before.
"Sokoudjou weighs around 220lbs, but he's still got a lot of quickness, so I'm sure he's hitting the weights hard," said Minowa, who is now around 200.

"We have certain strategies, but of course I can't talk about them. I can give you a hint and say that it will be like Geronimo vs. Kinnikuman or Geronimo vs. NEW Ashuraman. My opponent is like Geronimo, and I have to be like NEW Ashuraman, but since having six arms will be tough, I'm going to imagine myself as Kinnikuman (referencing the Japanese pro wrestling themed manga
Kinnikuman)."



After finishing his weight circuit, Minowa began with a standard round of shadow boxing. However he then switched to shadow
hadoken, shadow shoryuken and shadow drunken boxing. "Some time in September, when I couldn't sleep I was watching Jackie Chan's Drunken Master and got a hint. In the movie, the master says, 'In everything, basics are the most important.'"



"Don't you need to be drunk for drunken boxing," one of the reporters asked jokingly (Minowa doesn't drink).
"Isn't it against the rules too? It might show up in the urine test. The hint I got from drunken boxing was to attack after you've placed your opponent off guard. The hadoken and shoryuken were of course influenced by Street Fighter II, and the hint I got here was to "scroll" while maintaining my guard. I'm about twice as fast as Street Fighter II Turbo."



On the Dynamite!! tournament, Minowa said, "I want to send the fans to another dimension, a 'super heaven.' Retiring on New Years eve is amazing, and so is debuting, but I just want to show everyone my world as best I can." After the Super Hulk tournament, "I want to have a bunch of great matches as a pro wrestler," he said.

Source:
www.kamipro.com

No comments:

Post a Comment