Tuesday, December 1, 2009

K-1: Bonjasky Talks at Open Workout


Remy Bonjasky, competing in the K-1 World GP 2009 Final, held an open workout Dec 1 in Tokyo. Bonjasky had the following to say on his workout and thoughts on the upcoming tournament.

"Today I went around 70%, and tomorrow will go hard again for 4-5 rounds. I'm in good condition and confident. I feel like I'm going to win. All of the seven other fighters are strong and any one could be a challenge. That's why injuries can be the biggest enemy. No matter how strong the fighter, he is affected by injury."

Of Semmy Shilt, to whom Bonjasky has lost twice consecutively, he said, "I'm going to beat him this time. The last time we fought was four years ago, and I won't lose three times in a row." Regarding MMA fighter Allistair Overeem's comments that "K-1 is easy," he said, "he's never been in a tournament, and shouldn't be talking like that. He can say that after he's experienced a tournament."

If Bonjasky wins this year, it will be his fourth title, tying him with "Mr. Perfect" Ernesto Hoost as the winningest K-1 champion. "I've been training to win, and if I do tie Hoost, it will be a big dream come true."

(Source: www.kamipro.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment