Friday, December 4, 2009

K-1: K-1 WGP Pre-fight Press Conference


A press conference was held Dec 4 in Tokyo, the day before the Dec 5 K-1 WORLD GP 2009 FINAL. Following are comments from the fighters:

Peter Aerts
"First I'm going to knock out my opponent in the reserve fight. Then I want everyone to see what happens next."

Gokhan Saki
"Since we are in the 'kicking' era, I'm extremely motivated. I can't wait for tomorrow I'm so excited."

Daniel Ghita
"I'm completely ready. I'm really happy to have the opportunity to fight in the reserve fight. I will do my best, so please watch tomorrow."

Sergey Kharitonov
"I'm in good condition. More than anything, in such a great event like the K-1 GP FINAL, I want to make everyone happy and show my skills."

Kyotaro
"This is my first time in the December finals, and I want to have an exciting fight in the semifinals and make it a good fight with Tyrone Spong."

Tyrone Spong
"I have trained to have a good fight. I would like to take this opportunity to thank my two trainers and hope that everyone looks forward to the match."

Ruslan Karaev
"I am happy to fight Badr Hari for the third time. His fights are always aggressive, and I hope I can put on that kind of fight for everyone."

Badr Hari
"I feel like I am strong, and since I put everything into practice, I am confident. I was close last year, so tomorrow I definitely want to get results. I think tomorrow's fight will be really important for everyone watching too."

Alistair Overeem
"[on being predicted to win the tournament] I am happy. I can fight like none of the other fighters can. Anytime I am challenged in either K-1 or MMA, I will accept the challenge and deliver."

Ewerton Teixeira
"[on being predicted least likely to win the tournament] Fights have to be decided in the ring. Look forward to tomorrow."

Semmy Shilt
"I am ready. I will have a good fight tomorrow. [on Banner not arriving in Japan yet, taking the fight lightly?] He's free not to participate in the press conference."

Errol Zimmerman
"[on choosing Remy to fight] I am confident I can definitely beat him. I am going to break his bones tomorrow, just watch. I am going to deliver tomorrow."

Remy Bonjasky
"Zimmerman is an imitation fighter. He imitates my flying knee too, but it's no problem. I'm going to win tomorrow."

(Source: www.kakutoh.com)





No comments:

Post a Comment