Thursday, December 10, 2009

JEWELS: Sally Krumdiack 500g Over at Weigh-In, Ishioka Makes Weight



Weigh-ins for the Fri Dec 11 JEWELS 6th Ring were held in Tokyo Dec 10 at the Deep Official Gym in Tokyo.

Main event fighter Saori Ishioka made the 52.5kg cut-off at 52.5kg, but her opponent Sally Krumdiack (UMMA and FCF Champion) was 500g over at 53kg even. She looked pale and perhaps ill, and made the decision not to try to drop the extra weight. This means Sally will begin the match with a yellow card.

She said, "I dropped 7 pounds this time, and I don't feel very good. I hope I recover tomorrow." On the fight, she said "I thought I would go right for take-down, but I want to go for strikes instead and then work for take-downs and submissions. I want to finish this one with a win."

Shuri and ASAKO, the fighters in the "semifinal" match, both made 52kg.

(Source: www.kakutoh.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment