Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Dynamite: Aoki vs. Hirora and Kawajiri vs. Yokota Announced



On Dec 22 in Tokyo, it was announced that DREAM lightweight champion Shinya Aoki will fight SRC lightweight champ Mizuto Hirota, and that Tatsuya Kawajiri will face Kazunori Yokota in two DREAM vs. SRC matches at the Fields Dynamite!! tournament on Dec 31.


During the photo shoot at the press conference, both Kawajiri and Aoki refused to have their pictures taken with Yokota.


Yokota began by saying, "I'm glad the fight is finally set. I know my opponent had a lot of complaints, and I wish the fight had been set earlier. Now I'm just ready to go. I've said that beating Kawajiri and Ishida without beating Gomi didn't mean anything, and since they've both lost to Gomi, at the time that's what I thought. But now Kawajiri is more popular and a better fighter, so he's a good opponent for me."

At this point Aoki took the mic and yelled at Kawajiri to "Shut the hell up!"


Yokota then continued, "If I fought Masato with K-! rules, I'm sure I would have made it a good fight."


In response, Kawajiri just said, "I'm looking forward to a good New Year. If someone challenges me to a fight, I'm just going to get out there and fight.
"

On losing a chance for a title match with Aoki and instead fighting Yokota, Kawajiri said, "I don't know what the DREAM SRC match means, and I'm really not that interested in fighting Yokota. All I think about is getting in the ring and annihilating my opponent."


Source:
www.fnlweb.com

No comments:

Post a Comment