Saturday, December 5, 2009

K-1: Schilt and Hari Talk After K-1 WORLD GP



Semmy Schilt defeated Badr Hari to win the K-1 World GP FINAL on Dec 5 in Kanagawa, Japan. After the event, the fighters answered questions.

Schilt

Q: How do you feel?
A: "I feel really happy. This is what I trained for, and since everyone called me a worthless champion, I think I have proved myself."

Q: Are you hurt at all?
A: "The pain doesn't compared to the happiness of winning the tournament."

Q: Which was the hardest fight?
A: "Overall, the first fight was the hardest, but since I got knocked down with the left hook, the second fight probably appeared the toughest. I didn't get hurt that much, and I think it was a good fight".

Q: What was different from the May fight with Badr Hari?
A: "My motivation was different. The one match in May and today's fight are different, but I was much more motivated for today's fight. I changed my training location to Romania and worked on my boxing. But I used my legs a lot today, so maybe the results of the training didn't show (laughingly). I actually hurt myself during training, and while I did work on my boxing, I think I ended up using my kicks effectively today."

Q: What about Dynamite?
A: "The fight just ended, so right now I want to enjoy my victory. I want to think about the next fight after relaxing."

Q: How are you going to use your winnings?
A: "I think I'm going to take it in cash and then think of what to do with it. This win was not just the result of my own efforts, but thanks to the team also, especially the Romanian gym."

Q: This makes you the winningest champion along with Ernesto Hoost.
A: "I'm happy to win for the fourth time, and I want to keep on winning one tournament at a time."

Badr Hari

Q: That was an exciting fight.
A: "I felt like it was incomplete, losing the way I did at the end."

Q: Did you get hurt in the before the final?
A: "I wasn't hurt in the fights leading up to the final, and was in really good condition."

Q: Was Schilt different from your fight in May?
A: "The May fight and the tournament fight were different. Schilt trained hard, but everyone trained hard so it didn't really matter -- I just feel he was fortunate this time."

Q: How did you feel in the fight with Overeem?
A: "I was hurt in the last Dynamite fight, and that is probably the reason I lost. This time I felt I had to protect K-1 as one of its representatives. I feel I met those expectations, and am happy about that."

Q: Do you feel you broke down in the Overeem fight?
A: "Some people might feel that way, but the fact is Schilt won and I have to recognize that."

(Source: www.kakutoh.com)




No comments:

Post a Comment